One of our good friends has been experimenting with cannabis recipes. She never really was around in a way that compares to how Washington’s culture is. For Thanksgiving, she hosted a group of friends and decided to serve two types of gravy.
According to her, the plan was to create two types, one with cannabis and one without. She’s a very thoughtful person and wanted to make sure her friends who don’t consume were still taken care of.
She identified the issue of “Making two of the same types of food… (and) how to keep my guest from accidentally ingesting the “special gravy.” Check out her recipe and general tips below.
“I can really only share two basic tips to help you prevent accidental consumption at your next dinner party. For starters, I kept it simple and purchased two gravy bowls. One was glass the other was white ceramic. Additionally, I used a dry erase marker and wrote “POT” to help guest know that gravy boat had cannabis in it. All my guest had a good time and nobody accidentally consumed any cannabis.”
CANNABIS GRAVY RECIPE:
- 2 tablespoons drippings
- 1-1/2 cup stock
- 1/4 cup Pearl2O
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more if needed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Cannabis Gravy Directions:
1. After you have browned meat and removed it from the pan, there will be bits of meat and browned fat stuck to the bottom of the pan. You may want to skim off some of the liquid fat before you start making the pan sauce. Make sure you have about 2 tablespoons of drippings in the pan.
2. Add 1-1/2 cups stock, wine, or water to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, scraping with a spoon or wire whisk to loosen the drippings from the pan.
3. In small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water with the flour and mix until smooth.
4. Stir flour mixture into the pan and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce and so the sauce thickens.
5. Add salt to taste. Keep tasting the sauce; when you have added enough salt, the flavor will suddenly blossom.
6. Remove pan from heat and whisk in butter, cream, or olive oil until smooth. Serve immediately.