The last third of the Summer is a hard pill to swallow for some, as they can smell months of rain and snow around the corner. But for football fans, this time year is like a holiday, because football is back baby! 22 teams reported to NFL training camp last Wednesday and the football spirit is palpable. Mock draft lobbies are filling up as we speak and fantasy football league commissioners are collecting league dues and tweaking league rules for the upcoming season.
There’s a lot of storylines going into the 2018 season. One of the larger storylines is obviously what will happen with the national anthem debate, but let’s stick to football. Be one the lookout for these storylines going into the preseason next week…
- The Los Angeles Rams went on a spending spree during free agency. How will all these pieces fit together? There’s a lot of personality on the team, especially on the defensive side of the ball with the additions of Suh, Talib, and Peters.
- Who will win the starting reciever job opposite Doug Baldwin in Seattle? Lockett is a great role player, but some needs to develop into that true number two guy. Brandon Marshall is the dark horse in that receiver room coming off a season-ending ankle injury.
- Will the New England Patriots continue their AFC dominance in a weak division? They lost their number one receiver from last season and Tom Brady will be 41-years-old when the season begins.
- How will the Cleveland Browns do with a completely revamped roster that is full of high profile rookies like Baker Mayfield and star-studded free agents like Jarvis Landry. For the first time in years, people are excited about Browns football.
- Can John Gruden take the Raiders back to their former glory in his second stint as head coach?